This no-bake healthy Snickers Pie is a raw vegan, all-natural take on one of the all-time best desserts in history. And to be honest, this Snickers Pie recipe is ten times better than any other I’ve had. Somewhere between the layers of the chocolate coconut crust, the almond-butter-date caramel middle, and the peanut butter mousse is PURE, unadulterated happiness. Confession: I sometimes eat it for a decadent breakfast. But its nutritional stats are solid, so why not?
While this Healthy Snickers Pie recipe won’t actually take you back to the school days of mainlining Snickers in the cafeteria, it WILL be that perfect bite of nostalgia – much like my other healthy nostalgic recipes (hello Glucose-Friendly Oreo Cookie Dough Bites and The Best Healthy Monster Cookies You’ll Ever Eat). And unlike the Snickers Pies of our youth that were filled with processed ingredients, this one’s made entirely with gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free ingredients that will give you energy and health boosts instead of a sugar crash and heart problems.
Everything you need to make this healthy No-Bake Snickers Pie
As I eagerly fore-mentioned, this flourless, raw vegan dessert recipe has three delicious layers: a chocolate coconut crust, a “caramel” layer and a peanut butter mousse layer. Aside from sea salt, you’ll need just these 10 super good-for-you ingredients that are easy to find, affordable, and amazingly healthy:
- Cocoa powder
- Medjool dates
- Cashews or almonds
- Unsweetened dried coconut
- Vanilla extract
- Ghee or coconut oil
- Unsalted almond butter
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Peanut butter and/or almond butter
- Maple syrup
Simple ingredient substitutes
Dying to make this Healthy Snickers Pie but only have kind-of-close ingredients on hand? No prob, Bob! Here are some swaps I’ve tested and recommend:
- Go nuts with the nuts. Feel free to use cashews, almonds, or walnuts for the crust of this recipe! You could even use a mix of them, if that’s what you have on hand.
- Sub the peanut butter. Using peanut butter for the mousse is going to be the closest to Snickers taste, but almond butter or your nut butter of choice will still work deliciously in this recipe.
- Pick the oil. In this recipe, I recommend using ghee, which is lactose-free, clarified butter, or coconut oil, which is vegan and heart-healthy.
- Choose your garnish. Give the pie an additional drizzle of melted chocolate for extra ‘gram points.
Raw vegan Snickers Pie in one dish!
This raw vegan dessert comes together all in the food processor, without washing between (which is very on brand for me).
- Line your pie pan with parchment paper. This step is an absolute MUST – otherwise your pie will be stuck inside your pan.
- Make the crust. Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Press into a parchment-lined pie pan and set aside in the freezer.
- Make the caramel filling. Don’t wipe out the food processor, just add the caramel ingredients and process until it’s smooth and caramel-like in consistency. Then, add it on top of the crust and set back in the freezer.
- Make the peanut butter mousse. Scoop out the coconut cream from the cans (save the water for a hydrating drink tomorrow) and add it to the food processor with the other mousse ingredients. Spread on top of caramel layer and return to the freezer.
- Freeze and serve! Freeze over night and when you want to serve, let it de-thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes.
If you like healthy nostalgic dessert recipes, try these next:Print
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cashews or almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in boiling water for 10 min and then drained
- 3 teaspoon ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon unsalted almond butter
Peanut Butter Mousse
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate of choice melted, for drizzling
For the Crust:
- Prepare an 8″ round pie pan with parchment paper.
- Add all CRUST ingredients to a food processor and process until mixture is smooth and able to be stuck together. Then, press the crumble into a parchment-lined pie pan. Place in the freezer to set.
For the Caramel Layer:
- Without wiping out the food processor, add all the CARAMEL ingredients to the food processor and process until very smooth.
- Spread an even layer atop pie crust and return to freezer.
For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop out solid white coconut cream. Add to food processor with remaining MOUSSE ingredients, and process until smooth. Spread evenly atop of caramel layer, then return to freezer.
- If you’re garnishing with melted chocolate, melt your chocolate in a double-boiler or the microwave. Then drizzle the pie with the dark chocolate.
- Freeze the garnished pie overnight. Store it in the freezer, and when you’re ready for a slice, let it de-thaw on the counter for 10 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!