- One bag of frozen broccoli florets OR one head of chopped broccoli
- 3–4 smashed garlic cloves
- 4 servings of pasta (pick your favorite!)
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Fine grain sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon (optional, but adds brightness)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts (optional, but adds creaminess and protein)
- Bring a pot of water with a generous palmful of salt to a boil.
- In a skillet, warm a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli, smashed garlic cloves and a generous sprinkle of salt. Cook until broccoli is bright green and cooked through.
- Cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain, reserving the pasta water.
- Blend the broccoli (you can pluck out a few first if you want live broccoli bits in your pasta!) and garlic with enough pasta water (I used 1/4 cup!) to get your desired texture. Blend in the lemon juice and the hemp hearts, if using.
- Add more salt to taste, toss with pasta, and enjoy!
Keywords: healthy broccoli alfredo, healthy broccoli alfredo recipe, 3-ingredient broccoli alfredo