- 1 cup mashed butternut squash (instructions below)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 13.5 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more to toss butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to toss butternut squash
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450. Slice butternut squash in half long ways (no need to peel) and scoop out the seeds. Lightly brush it with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then roast, orange flesh down, on a parchment lined pan until brown on pan-side and soft inside, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool, then scoop out 1 cup of flesh, reserving any remaining for another use.
- Add butternut squash to a food processor fitted with a metal blade with tahini, chickpeas, garlic, oil, maple syrup, cumin, and salt. Process until very smooth. Pulse in cilantro.
- Serve with crudités of choice. Makes about 2 – 3 cups.