- 1/2 cup unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 pasture-raised egg (can sub a flax egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one orange
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp hearts
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond butter, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, orange zest, almond flour, salt, baking powder and cardamom until smooth. Then, stir in all of the hemp hearts and most of the walnuts and chocolate, leaving some out to press on top.
- Plop the batter (it’ll be thick!) into the pan and press down until it’s even and spreads to the edges. Press the remaining chocolate and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges begin to brown, then let it cool in the pan before cutting it into squares.