For the burritos:
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into bite sized cubes
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, stems removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, stems removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, stems removed and chopped
- fine grain sea salt
- olive oil
- 7 oz cooked crumbled sausage (I used @applegate chicken and apple breakfast sausage, but their maple one would also be great, as would a vegan option—you can also fully omit and the burritos still taste great!!)
- 5 burrito-sized tortillas of choice (@sietefoods is great, and i also love to see if there’s a local tortilleria!)
For the cranberry salsa
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. On a baking sheet, toss butternut squash, brussels, and onion with thyme, rosemary, sage, a generous drizzle of olive oil and a good amount of salt until well-coated. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until brown at the edges.
- Meanwhile, make the cranberry salsa by microwaving cranberries, maple syrup, water and a generous pinch of salt in 1 minute increments for 5 minutes, stirring every minute. Add jalapeño, lime, and garlic and microwave for 30 more seconds to bring flavors together. You can also do on stove, just replace the word “microwave” with the word “simmer”.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and heat the tortillas in the oven until pliable. Distribute the vegetables, cranberry salsa, and sausage evenly to each tortilla. Roll the burritos the technique in the video above.
- Optional: grill the burritos’ outsides in a skillet with olive oil if desired.
- To freeze, wrap each burrito in foil individually. Defrost them by removing foil and microwaving wrapped in a damp paper towel in 30 second increments until warmed.
- Serving Size: 5