These perfectly crinkle-topped grain free, gluten free, dairy-free, refined sugar free (phew!) fudgy brownies are about to be your new favorite.
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- I tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Flaky sea salt, to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9″ x 9″ pan with parchment paper, so some hangs off the ends as a handle to lift the finished brownies with. In a microwave or double boiler, melt the avocado oil and chocolate until smooth. Set aside to cool while you make the rest of the batter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup of coconut sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Pour in the avocado oil and chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add the walnuts if using. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar, and the flaky sea salt, if using.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan before removing, cutting into squares, and serving.