For cookie dough bites
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium apple (you can use any kind you like), finely chopped (you’re looking for about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (feel free to sub your favorite nut or seed butter!)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- In a medium skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high. Add apple and cook until it’s turning brown on the edges. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together the cashew butter, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup, and oat flour until smooth. Stir in apples until well distributed.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all of the caramel ingredients: cashew butter, maple syrup, molasses, and salt.
- Scoop cookie dough by rounded spoonful (I used a small cookie dough scoop) onto parchment lined paper. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Freeze until solid. Store in a tightly sealed container in the freezer until you’re ready to enjoy! Makes 12 bites.