- 1 medium grated carrot (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup creamy unsalted cashew or almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oat or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain mineral salt
- 2 pitted, chopped dates (or about 2 tablespoons of chopped raisins)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 small container unsweetened vanilla or plain yogurt of choice
- Powdered sugar (can substitute powdered erythritol)
- Mix together all ingredients except the yogurt and powdered sugar. It’ll be thick—I like to use my hands to really mix it!
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls.
- Add powdered sugar to yogurt until it’s your desired icing sweetness. Dollop a bit of icing on top of each ball, and sprinkle with a bit of nutmeg.
- Store in the fridge for up to 24 hours—but I like to keep these in the freezer so I can grab one at a time when I have a craving or I’m feeling hangry! Makes 10-12 balls.
Keywords: healthy carrot cake bites