- 1 large VERY ripe banana
- 1 egg, preferably pasture-raised
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup raw cacao
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the banana with a fork until it’s pretty liquidy, then mix in the egg, coconut sugar, cacao, almond flour, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in most of the chocolate chips and walnuts, leaving a few out, then add the remaining chips and walnuts on top (it makes it look pretty!).
- Make 10 equal size muffin tops on a parchment-lined pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops are brown at the edges, then let cool completely on the pan.
- Store in the fridge and eat within one week.
Keywords: healthy double chocolate chunk muffin tops