- 4 eggs, preferably pastured
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 8 slices of bread, cut into strips (I always use sourdough, both for the flavor and gut health benefits)
- Avocado oil, to grease pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a nonstick muffin tin (if you don’t have a non stick, use liners).
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar. Dunk in your strips. You want them in the batter long enough to get moist to roll, but not so long they fall apart at all—a few seconds is good.
- Gently coil the strips into a muffin tin—you’ll need a few per tin, and you can use little pieces to fill in gaps, but you want the muffin cups tightly packed.
- Sprinkle a bit more cinnamon and coconut sugar on top, then bake for 20-25 minutes until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in muffin cups, before removing. Enjoy!
Serve with syrup or “cream cheese frosting” made by stirring together yogurt of choice and powdered sugar until desired sweetness is achieved.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: healthy french toast cinnamon rolls