For the salad:
- 3 cups cubed sweet potato
- 2 cups cubed red apple
- 1 small or 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- A big pinch of fine grain sea salt
- A big pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 clementine, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
For the clementine rosemary vinaigrette:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 clementine
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Big pinch of fine grain sea salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potatoes, apples, and onion with olive oil, smoked paprika, and salt and spread into a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 30-45 minutes until mostly brown, flipping them at the 15 minute intervals.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, clementine zest and juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, and rosemary. Once mixed, add the olive oil and whisk until combined.
3. Remove the roasted vegetable sheet from the oven. Add the kale and dressing to the pan, tossing to combine with the roasted vegetables. Then, sprinkle the pecans on top and leave un-tossed so that they toast.
4. Return the pan to the oven and roast for 5-7 more minutes until the kale wilts and the nuts are dark brown.
5. Once roasted, place the salad into a bowl, add the fresh clementine, and serve!