Makes 6 muffins
- 2 1/3 cup oat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup 2% fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup frozen wild blueberries
- Demerera sugar, for sprinkling (optional but recommended)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F and line a 6-cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest, eggs, honey and vanilla extract until smooth. Next, stir in the lemon juice. Then, fold in the Greek yogurt until combined. Now, very gently fold in blueberries so they’re well distributed. The batter will be thick!
- Divide the batter between the lined muffin tins. Fill the tin up almost to the top and sprinkle the Demerera sugar on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F. Then, reduce the heat to 350F without opening the oven door and bake for another 13-17 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If it needs more cook time and the top is browning too much, tent foil over the muffin tin and bake for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan before serving.