- Avocado oil, for cooking
- 1 pound grass-fed beef (omit for vegan option)
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (make by pulsing one medium cauliflower in a food processor, or just use fresh or frozen pre-riced—double this for vegan option)
- 14 ounces tomato paste (2 small cans)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 cups unsweetened milk of choice
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (or to taste, use more for spicier!)
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- Fine grain sea salt
- Taco toppings of choice
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot on medium high. Add beef & cauliflower rice & cook until brown, about 7 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break beef up.
- Stir in tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and paprika & cook for 2 more minutes, until paste darkens in color and spices are fragrant.
- Add milk, broth, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, and red chili flakes, and bring to boil. Taste & add more salt if necessary, then reduce heat to simmer and add pasta.
- Stir every few minutes, scraping bottom of pan and re-submerging pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente. Top with desired toppings!! Serves 4.
Keywords: healthy taco pasta