- 1 13.5 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro (stems are okay)
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves (remove the stems; they’re bitter)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from about 1 unwaxed, organic lemon)
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until very smooth. Add additional salt to taste.
- Top with additional zest, olive oil, peas, and herbs, if desired.