CARROT HOT DOGS
- 6 carrots, peeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemarry
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- sea salt to taste
- 2–3 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 6 gluten-free hot dog buns
- 6 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage, slivered
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Whisk together Vegenaise, maple syrup, rice vinegar, lime juice, sea salt and pepper flakes. Pour over a bowl of combined cabbage, green onions and cilantro. Mix well and set aside.
- Place peeled carrots into a shallow frying pan with high edges. Cover with water and toss in rosemary, crushed garlic and salt. Bring to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes. Remove the carrots and pat dry.
- Warm a grill pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive or coconut oil. Brush each carrot evenly with oil. Once the grill pan is very hot, toss on your carrots evenly. DON’T MOVE THEM. Seriously. You want the sweet grill marks, so let the grill for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Brush remaining oil onto your buns and grill for 1 minute per side. Layer each bun with ample horseradish mustard, a grilled carrot and a heap of slaw. Season with salt and pepper if desired, and enjoy! Makes 6 carrot dogs.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15