- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 small, mild chilis
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup packed, chopped cilantro
- 1 cup defrosted frozen corn
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or other high heat oil of choice)
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- Generous sprinkle sea salt
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 4 cups chopped, packed kale
- 1 cup shredded grassfed, raw cheddar cheese (omit if vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss pepitas in 1/2 tsp coconut oil, cayenne and sea salt, then spread in an even, single layer on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a small frying pan, heat 1/2 tsp coconut oil over medium high heat, swirling pan around so a very thin layer covers the bottom. Add corn and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly blackened, then remove from heat.
- Toss kale with olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and lime juice and let sit for 20 minutes. Toss with remaining ingredients. Serves 4. Can be eaten immediately or kept in fridge for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 30