- 8 ounces soba noodles (to make this recipe gluten-free, use 100% buckwheat soba)
- sesame oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 3 cups loosely packed, finely chopped curly kale
- 1 cup spiraled or thinly sliced English cucumber
- 2 carrots, sliced paper-thin (3/4 cup)
- 3 scallions
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Prepare the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold water, running your fingers through them to separate them. Toss with a drizzle of sesame oil.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, tahini, miso paste, tamarin, sesame oil and ginger.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage with a few spoonfuls of the dressing.
- Divide the remaining dressing among 4 (16-ounce) jars. Layer with the cabbage, kale, cucumber, soba noodles, carrots and scallions. When ready to eat, pour the salad into a bowl so that the dressing drizzles out on top of the salad, using a spoon or spatula to scoop any that might stick to the bottom of the jar. If serving immediately, assemble the salad in bowls and drizzle the dressing on top.