- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds, or pepitas
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons of dried culinary lavender (I use this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 16 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 1” square of cacao butter or coconut oil
- Big, flaky sea salt (like Maldon), optional
- In a food processor, process the pepitas, walnuts, lavender, fine grain sea salt, and vanilla until very smooth, like a nut butter (this will take a few minutes; you may need to scrape down the sides a few times). Stuff into the center of each date, then place in the freezer while you make your chocolate.
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt together the chocolate and the cacao butter until smooth. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a fork, dunk each date into the chocolate, shaking off any excess before placing on the parchment. Alternatively, you can drizzle the dates with chocolate instead of dunking. Sprinkle the tops with flaky sea salt if using, then return to the freezer.
- Freeze until completely solid, at least an hour, before transferring to a large bag for long term storage.