- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Culinary rose petals, for garnish (optional)
- Add the pistachios and chia seeds to a food processor fitted with the metal blade, reserving a few pretty pistachio halves for topping cookies (optional). Pulse until the pistachios become sandy, stopping just sort of it turning into a nut butter.
- Add in the baking powder, sea salt, rose water, vanilla, coconut oil, and coconut sugar and pulse until the dough is well mixed and forms a large single ball.
- Roll into 12 – 14 cherry-sized balls and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the cookie balls on a parchment-lined pan, then press to slightly flatten. Top with culinary rose petals and reserved pistachios, if using.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes, until the edges just start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 15 minutes before enjoying.