- 3 cups cooked, cooled grains of choice (I used farro, but quinoa, rice and wheat berries would all work great)
- 1 cup packed mint leaves (stems removed), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 orange, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 3 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven’s broiler and set the oven rack at about 6 inches from the heat source. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, place red bell peppers with cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet. Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place the blackened peppers into a bowl or pot with a lid and cover, allowing the peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, stir coriander and caraway in small skillet over medium-high heat until they smell amazing, about 30 seconds, before transferring them to a food processor or blender. Cook garlic in same skillet, covered, over medium-low heat until tender, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then peel garlic and add to processor. Remove red peppers from steaming bowl and discard skins. Blend peppers with all other dressing ingredients.
- Toss with grains, mint, pomegranate, almonds and orange. Can be eaten immediately or stored in the fridge an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30