- 2 heads garlic
- 4 red peppers, tops and seeds removed and sliced in half length-wise
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 servings pasta of choice, cooked till al dente in well-salted water with pasta water reserved
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut tops of garlic bulbs, drizzle with olive oil, and wrap in foil; place on parchment-lined pan with red pepper, cut side down.
- Roast until red pepper is black in spots, about 30 minutes; turn off oven and let garlic continue to soften in the oven while you prep peppers.
- Add pepper to bowl with Saran Wrap or a lid and let cool completely, then peel off their skins (it’s okay if a bit of skin remains!).
- Add pepper, roasted garlic, tomato, pasta, almonds, red wine vinegar, hemp, olive oil, and salt to a food processor. Process until smooth and serve with 4 servings of pasta of choice, tossing with a bit of reserved pasta water to make a silky sauce.