- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more for rim
- 3/4 cup packed basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 shot tequila of choice (feel free to omit for a mocktail!)
- Lime seltzer, to top
- Fine grain sea salt, for the rim (I used Redmond Real Salt, which is faintly sweet and adds a nice pink color)
- Microwave the frozen strawberries in 30 second intervals, smashing with a muddler or wooden spoon between, until it’s a fruit puree (about 2-3 minutes total).
- Add basil and honey and muddle/smash aggressively to get out all of the basil flavor. Stir in lime juice. Strain into a liquid measuring cup.
- Drizzle a bit of honey on a plate and spread with the back of a spoon until it’s slightly wider than your glass. Do the same with the salt on a separate plate.
- Dip the edge of your glass in the honey, then the salt, to get a nice rim. Add ice, tequila (if using), then the strained strawberry mixture. Top with lime seltzer and stir, then add a basil leaf on top. Enjoy!