For the salad:
- 3 cups arugula
- 2/3 cup mint or basil leaves, torn
- Fine grain mineral salt
- 1.5 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup wild rice, cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon (separated)
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Toss the arugula and mint (or basil) with a generous pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by adding olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and honey to a jar and shaking it vigorously until it emulsifies. Add the salt, lemon zest and poppy seeds and give it a good shake to incorporate.
- Toss greens with a very light coat of dressing. Divide between two plates or bowls and add half of strawberries, wild rice, and pistachios on top of each (doing it this way keeps your greens from getting soggy and ensures toppings don’t sink to the bottom). Finish with a bit more dressing and serve. Serves 2! Enjoy!
Keywords: strawberry pistachio salad