- 3 medium cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds (I buy this brand online)
- 1 8.5 ounce jar of sun dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil (check to make sure it’s not canola oil, which is high in Omega 6s and really inflammatory)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt + more for pasta water
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence (I like this brand)
- 2 servings uncooked pasta of choice (use gluten-free if desired)
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- High quality extra virgin olive oil (I like this brand), to garnish
- In a large pot, bring a generous amount of water to boil. Add a small palmful of fine grain sea salt and the pasta, and cook according to package instructions.
- Cook pasta until just al dente, then fill a liquid measuring cup or mug with about one cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta; do not rinse. Return it to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the garlic, hemp seeds, tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and herbs de Provence to a food processor. Process until smooth, with a bit of texture.
- Add the sundried tomato pesto to pasta in pan, then, a little bit at at time, add the reserved pasta water, stirring until you have a silky sauce.
- Serve topped with torn fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Keywords: sundried tomato pesto, pesto pasta, protein pasta, vegan pasta, vegetarian pasta, red pesto recipe, vegan pasta recipe, protein pasta recipe