- ⅔ cup mashed sweet potato (to make sweet potato mash, just roast one sweet potato, skin on, in 375 degree oven for an hour, or until squishy to touch. Let cool and scoop out the orange flesh)
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup unsalted nut butter of choice (raw or roasted works fine, but unsalted is a MUST)
- 3 pastured eggs
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ginger
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan (I used a mini one, because I like the texture slightly better and it’s more fun to snack on, but you do you).
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all wet ingredients until very smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet, mixing until no clumps remain.
- Spoon into muffin tin of choice. These won’t rise a ton, so really mound the batter on to get that gorgeous muffin top. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes for mini muffins or 30 – 45 minutes for larger ones, or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge. Makes 30 mini muffins.