This recipe makes 2 large or 4 small servings.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups chopped red or new potatoes (about 3 large red new potatoes)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower (one 10 oz bag)
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat or low, both are cool)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, stems removed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups kale torn into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil and fine grain sea salt, for cooking
- Cheddar and black pepper, optional
- Warm a large pot over medium-high, and add a drizzle of olive oil once the pot is hot.
- Add the onion, potatoes, apple, cauliflower, and a generous pinch of salt to the pot. Cook the vegetables until they’re brown at the edges.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and rosemary to the pot, then mash everything together with a wooden spoon or potato masher to get a chowder-like texture.
- Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Add more salt to taste.
- If desired, garnish with cheddar and black pepper. Serve and enjoy!