- 2 tablespoons cacao butter
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drained well
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed
- ¼ cup water
- Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Transfer to a blender, add the dates, milk, vanilla extract, and salt, and blend until very smooth.
- Place chia seeds in a large glass jar or container, then pour milk mixture over them. Stir thoroughly, and let sit for 30 minutes until set into a gel. Meanwhile, puree strawberries with the water in a blender smooth.
- Layer the chia mixture and strawberry puree into the molds, alternating. Freeze for 1 hour, then insert sticks and freeze for at least 4 more hours, or until solid.