- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon allspice, divided
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup creamy cashew or almond butter
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together the flax and water; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, 1/2 cup coconut sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon allspice, and nutmeg.
- Add vanilla, almond butter, and flax mixture, and stir until combined (you might need two spoons or your hands, it’s a thick dough!).
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons coconut sugar and 1/2 teaspoon allspice.
- Roll the dough into 10 equal balls (pop into the fridge for a few minutes if you’re having trouble rolling them).
- Roll balls in sugar/allspice mixture, then place on a parchment-lined pan, flattening slightly with your palm. Leave room between; they spread!
- Bake for 10 min, or until edges are just brown. Let cool on pan and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Winter Spice Snickerdoodles