- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried with a towel (so the oil doesn’t spatter and hurt you!)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn (2 ears)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2–3 green onions, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- Fine grain sea salt
- Olive oil
- In the biggest skillet you have (the less crowded, the more the chickpeas crisp up, so if you double the recipe, use two skillets!), drizzle a bit of olive oil.
- Add the chickpeas, corn, and a good pinch of salt. Cook on medium high until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and toss with spices, coconut sugar, lime, green onions, and more salt to taste. Serves 2. Enjoy!!
Keywords: chickpea corn elote bowl