- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups or 10 oz frozen organic green peas
- A generous of mint, washed and stemmed
- 5 – 6 cups of organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons high heat oil of choice (ghee, avocado and coconut all work great)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium. Add the onion and cook until translucent and beginning to brown, then add the peas.
- Cook until peas are defrosted and bright green, then add the vegetable stock and cook for two more minutes (don’t overcook or the flavor and color won’t be as bright!).
- Remove from heat and let cool for a moment before chucking it all in a blender with the mint leaves and blending till smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can serve this hot or cold—it’s equally good.