- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon (ideally organic, but if not, just soak in water with a splash of ACV for 10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (set aside the rest for the glaze!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Powdered sugar, for glaze (totally optional, these are just as good without!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients (except the powdered sugar) until smooth. Pour about 2/3 of the way full in a greased muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tops are just brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, mix together remaining lemon juice with enough powdered sugar to make a thick glaze.
- Glaze muffins, if desired, and enjoy! Makes 6 muffins.
Keywords: healthy lemon poppyseed muffins