This no-bake healthy Mississippi Mud Pie is gluten free, vegan, paleo friendly, and filled with chocolate, peanut butter, and sweet mocha flavor. Perfect for summer!
- 5 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 14 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients, Avocado Mousse Layer
- 4 small ripe avocados
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 pint So Delicious Cold Brew Dairy-Free Frozen Dessert
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Dairy-free whipped cream, optional, to serve
- Chocolate shavings, optional, to serve
- Put So Delicious pint on counter while you make the crust, so it warms to pliable texture without melting.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process all crust ingredients, scraping down the sides, until it easily sticks together, about 1 – 2 minutes. Line a 10” pie pan with parchment paper, then press crust into the pan in an even layer about ¼” thick, pressing it up on the edges so it forms a pie crust shape.
- Spoon the pint of the frozen dessert into the pie crust and use a spoon to spread it in an even layer, working quickly so it doesn’t melt. Place pie in the freezer until it re-hardens, about 30 minutes.
- Wipe out the food processor and add all of the avocado mousse ingredients.
- Process until creamy and whipped.
- Remove pie from the freezer and top the frozen dessert layer with a layer of the mousse, working quickly. Return to freezer to set completely, about 4 – 5 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix the peanut butter with the warm water until it’s a thick, runny texture, adding more warm water a teaspoon at a time if necessary.
- Slice the pie and drizzle generously with peanut butter, then top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if using.