- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cashews or almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in boiling water for 10 min and then drained
- 3 teaspoon ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon unsalted almond butter
Peanut Butter Mousse
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate of choice melted, for drizzling
For the Crust:
- Prepare an 8″ round pie pan with parchment paper.
- Add all CRUST ingredients to a food processor and process until mixture is smooth and able to be stuck together. Then, press the crumble into a parchment-lined pie pan. Place in the freezer to set.
For the Caramel Layer:
- Without wiping out the food processor, add all the CARAMEL ingredients to the food processor and process until very smooth.
- Spread an even layer atop pie crust and return to freezer.
For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop out solid white coconut cream. Add to food processor with remaining MOUSSE ingredients, and process until smooth. Spread evenly atop of caramel layer, then return to freezer.
- If you’re garnishing with melted chocolate, melt your chocolate in a double-boiler or the microwave. Then drizzle the pie with the dark chocolate.
- Freeze the garnished pie overnight. Store it in the freezer, and when you’re ready for a slice, let it de-thaw on the counter for 10 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!