THE HEALTHY SNICKERS PIE RECIPE IS HERE! I repeat – the gluten free, refined sugar free, paleo, vegan, raw, ooey gooey chocolatey caramely peanut butter-y healthy snickers pie recipe is here. This pie is such a star.
It’s super easy to make (I do it all in one food processor, without washing between) and it will wow health-conscious and non-health conscious guests alike. It’s packed with fiber and good fats from the coconut and nuts and will fill you up, rather than spiking your blood sugar and leaving you feeling icky.
Confession: I sometimes eat this baby for a decadent breakfast.
Now ONTO THE HEALTHY SNICKERS PIE RECIPE.Print
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 c nut of choice (I like cashews and almonds best, with walnuts shortly behind – you can even MIX nuts if you’re CRAZY)
- 1 c unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in boiling water for 10 min and then drained
- 3 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted almond butter
Nut Butter Mousse
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 c peanut butter, almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate of choice, for drizzling (optional)
- Add all CRUST ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and able to be stuck together, then press into a parchment lined 8″ round pie pan. The parchment lining is really important – you won’t be able to get the pie out if you don’t use the parchment paper. Place in freezer to set while you make caramel ingredients.
- Add all the CARAMEL ingredients to the food processor (no need to clean between making this and the crust) and process until very smooth. Spread an even layer atop pie crust and return to freezer.
Peanut Butter Mousse
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop out solid white coconut cream (save the remaining coconut water for a smoothie). Add to food processor with remaining MOUSSE ingredients, then process until smooth. Spread evenly atop of caramel layer, then return to freezer.
- If desired, top with an additional drizzle of dark chocolate, melted in a double boiler or microwave.
- Freeze overnight, and store in freezer but let de-thaw on counter for about 10 min before serving your very own healthy snickers pie.