For the crumble:
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
3 tablespoons avocado oil
For the cake:
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
2/3 cup maple syrup
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup greek yogurt (sub 1/4 cup olive oil, if dairy free)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and line a 9×9″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all of the crumble ingredients to a medium bowl. Use your hands to clump the ingredients together until a wet, sand-like texture forms. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all cake ingredients (except greek yogurt!) until very smooth. Then, fold in the greek yogurt to the batter.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle on a layer of crumble. Layer in the remaining half of the batter, then finish the top with the remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick slid through the center comes out clean and it no longer jiggles.
- Let cool completely before slicing. Serve and enjoy!