- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon basil seeds
- Optional toppings: greek yogurt, whipped cream, powdered cacao
- Bring the uncooked rice, milk, coffee, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Let it thicken for at least 10 minutes.
- Top with any optional toppings and then serve it warm or let it cool in the fridge before enjoying!