- 3 spring onions, sliced (can substitute 1 small yellow onion and 2 green onions if you can’t find spring onions)
- 2 yellow squash, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- About 25 asparagus spears with the woody ends removed, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons pesto of choice
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (ideally organic)
- 4–5 burrito-sized tortillas of choice
- Fine grain mineral salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss onions, squash, zucchini, asparagus, and chickpeas with 1/2 cup pesto until they’re well coated. Bake in a single layer on a parchment-lined pan for 30 minutes, until just brown at edges.
- Add more salt to taste and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of pesto and lemon juice and zest.
- Add to tortillas and roll (technique is in video—put the tortillas in the turned off but still warm oven for 30 seconds or until pliable so they don’t break!).
- Wrap individually in foil and freeze until ready to eat, when you can either toss right in a toaster oven in the foil or unwrap and wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave in 30-second increments until warmed through. Makes 4-5 burritos! Enjoy!
Keywords: pesto freezer burritos