- Zest of 1 orange (peel and cut the orange wedges and freeze em for smoothies!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you can also sub avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons ground flax (remember to store ground flax in the freezer!)
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom (you can also use cinnamon but cardamom just deserves more love in general)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, pinch together the orange zest and the coconut sugar until they’re very well mixed. Add the maple syrup, oil, vanilla, and ground flax; stir and set aside for the flax to hydrate for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, stir together the oats, salt, cardamom, and pistachios.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and stir until very well coated.
- Press into a single layer, about 1/2” thick, on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, then bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Let cool on pan before breaking into big old clumps! Store in a tightly sealed container at room temp for a week or so.
- Category: Snack
Keywords: super clumpy cardamom orange creamsicle granola, orange creamsicle granola