I feel like these healthy brookie (brownie AND cookie) batter bites should come with their own infomercial.
Are you the kind of person that likes to have it all?
Are you the kind of person who, when handed the dessert menu, waves it away and says, “I’ll take one of each”?
Are you the kind of person who knows you deserve the finer things in your life, and in your mouth?
Meet…the Healthy Brookie Batter Bite.
Never again will you have to choose between cookie dough and brownie batter. Never again will you stare at your nut butter and ask, “what purpose shall serve you best?” Never again will you ask “what’s for dessert?”
Cuz it’s all for dessert, baby. Cuz you’re worth it.
Dough bites are the best dessert EVER—and the mix of healthy brownie batter and cookie dough take it to the next level!
We can probably all agree that brownie batter and cookie dough are sometimes way better than the actual brownies or cookies themselves (unless of course, you’re talking about my healthy cookies or my fudgy crinkle top brownies). This amazing snack or dessert takes what you love most about brownies and cookies are marries them together oh so perfectly!
But how do they taste like brownie batter and cookie dough?
There are a few little tricks that up the health benefits and the distinctively dough-like flavor of these babies.
- Vanilla extract—using a LOT of vanilla tricks your brain into thinking you’re eating batter. Also, when I interviewed Bulletproof-founder Dave Asprey for an article years ago, he said that vanilla was one of the most under-appreciated, super healthy ingredients around. So use it liberally!
- Almond flour—I love using almond flour in my recipes because in addition to being grain (and thus gluten) free, it’s unprocessed and maintains its healthy fat and fiber, making it super blood sugar-friendly.
- Raw cacao—in addition to offering a delicious chocolatey flavor, raw cacao is rich in antioxidants, and contains a unique compound called theobromine, which helps your body’s natural stress response.
- Nut butter—this offers more healthy fat and protein, and gives a creamy, rich texture to the finished product.
You can take your healthy brookie batter bites to the next level and make TRUFFLES!
If you gravitate toward the finer things in life or you just really like chocolate (hello! Raises hand to both!), you will be obsessed with these truffles.
All you have to do is take your healthy brookie batter bites and dip them in melted chocolate of your choice (you can thin it out with a bit of coconut oil, but I personally don’t love the slight coconut flavor it infuses, so I generally skip, which just results in a slightly thicker chocolate coating).
I always opt for dark chocolate because of its amazing health benefits, like providing powerful antioxidants and even lowering the risk of heart disease. If that isn’t reason enough to dip these bad boys in ALL of the dark chocolate, then what is?!
Once you dip your healthy brookie batter bites in your chocolate, place them on a baking sheet, sprinkle them with some flaky sea salt and let them cool for the perfect sweet treat.
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
Healthy Brookie (Brownie + Cookie) Batter Bites
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 16 Bites 1x
- 3/4 cup creamy unsalted cashew or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips, chopped dark chocolate, or cacao nibs
- In a bowl, mix together the nut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, 1/3 cup almond flour, and salt.
- Divide in half; transfer half the mixture to another bowl.
- To one bowl, add raw cacao.
- To the other, add additional 2 tablespoons almond flour and chocolate chips.
- Fill a cookie scoop with half of each, or smoosh a piece of each together to make a ball.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: healthy brownie bites, healthy cookie dough bites, healthy cookie dough and brownie batter bites
Hi Onaella, I’m so happy to hear that! They’re so perfect to keep in the freezer for a sweet summer treat, too 🙂 xo, Liz
Easy to make and so very delicious! Plan to make these again and again to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Yay I’m so glad, Deb!! xo, Liz