I was excited to welcome Dr. Heather Moday to the podcast. Dr. Moday is an Allergist and Immunologist, Integrative and Functional Medicine Physician who received her Medical degree from Tulane Medical School in New Orleans before doing her her residency in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Allergy and Immunology at the Montefiore/Albert Einstein Medical center in In New York City. She completed a fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the Arizona Center of Integrative Medicine, is a certified practitioner through the Institute for Functional Medicine, and now is the owner and medical director of the Moday Center for Functional Medicine, a virtual functional medicine practice based in Virginia. Her new book, The Immunotype Breakthrough – Your Personalized Plan To Balance Your Immune System, Optimize Health And Build Lifelong Resistance, is available wherever books are sold.
- The exact tests to find out the health of your immune system
- How much immune health is genetic and how much is environmental
- The many, many WAYS your immune system impacts your overall health (beyond what you think!)
- Why your immune health and inflammation are so connected
- What causes inflammation and what the effects of high inflammation levels are
- How to tell if you have chronic inflammation
- The best ways to KEEP from getting sick
- How your microbiome impacts your immune system
- How to keep your microbiome healthy
- How to rebuild your microbiome after you take an antibiotic
- How to tell if your microbiome is impacting your immune system
- Exactly what to do when you’re sick or you feel like you’re getting sick
- Why causes some people to have worse allergies than others
- How to lessen your allergy symptoms naturally
- What causes autoimmune diseases
- How to stack the deck AWAY from acquiring an autoimmune disease
- Her best recommendations for treating and preventing leaky gut
- Her best recommendations if you have an autoimmune disease
- How to support your immune system if you’re on immunosuppressants
- The best ways to treat long COVID, based on current research
- The best and worst types of workouts for supporting your immune system
- Her thoughts on Vitamin C, dry brushing, lymphatic massage, raw garlic, saunas, elderberry, oregano oil, olive leaf extract, and more for immune system support
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Dr. Moday (@theimmunitymd)!
I would SO appreciate it if you shared this episode or any favorite episodes with someone you love in your life!
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Foria, makers of an incredible collection of 100% plant-based products for intimacy, relief, and daily wellbeing. Visit www.foriawellness.com/ and plug in the code HEALTHIER20 at checkout for 20% off your purchase of any products
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.