I posted this chocolate covered strawberry chia pudding on Instagram a few days ago, and while I wasn’t necessarily going to share the recipe (it was just a quick breakfast I threw together), enough people have asked for it that I thought it’d be worth sharing. This is yet another example of how endlessly versatile chia pudding is, and the flavor profile is super yummy – it tastes just like a chocolate covered strawberry. It’s also super easy to make!Print
- 1.5 cups milk of choice (I used homemade coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, plus a few more to top
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (can substitute 2 tbsp of honey, agave, rice malt syrup, whatever)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Blend together all ingredients except chia seeds until very smooth, then mix with chia seeds in a jar or bowl.
- Cover, and put in fridge 4 hours or overnight, stirring after 1 hour to prevent clumps.
- To serve, top with strawberries, cacao nibs and even a drizzle of chocolate syrup (my favorite healthy recipe is here if you’re feeling decadent! Serves 1, although you can double or triple the recipe and eat it throughout the week.
- Prep Time: 5