We’re back with another Ask the Doctor episode. This was a VERY highly requested episode, all about dental health and oral hygiene. If you want more Ask the Doctor episodes, be sure to check out the ones on Happiness, Longevity, Hormones, Gut Health, Anxiety, and more.
My guest today is Dr. Mark Burhenne, the creator and author of AsktheDentist.com and the #1 bestselling author of The 8-Hour Sleep Paradox. He is a family and sleep medicine dentist whose advice regularly appears on TV, radio, and magazines, including NPR and CBS News. He answers all of our dental health questions, including:
- how dental health is related to your whole body health
- how much of oral health is genetic and how much is what we do
- his thoughts on fluoride + his favorite fluoride alternatives
- his thoughts on oil pulling
- the safest way to whiten teeth
- how important flossing is really + the best time to do it
- his opinion of Waterpiking and tongue scraping
- why flossing & brushing can actually help your gut health
- why mouthwash is bad for you and what he recommends instead
- how to get rid of bad breath
- a 3-step plan to remineralize teeth
- the best supplements for teeth health
- if lemon water, ACV, or sparkling water are bad for teeth
- why snoring is actually bad for your health + exactly how to fix it
I hope that you find lots of ways to tweak your routine for the better. I’d love to see any changes you’re making or thoughts you’re thinking as you’re listening, so please share on social and tag me—I’m @lizmoody and Dr. Burhenne is @askthedentist.
PS: Have you snagged my Foodie preset pack? You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
PPS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
This episode is sponsored by Garden of Life, the only collagen I’ve trusted for years. To try it for yourself and let them know you found them through me, use this link to check it out (it won’t cost you anything extra): https://amzn.to/3hkzfnF
This episode is sponsored by Kyoto Botanicals, makers of my favorite CBD. You can get a whopping 25% off your order (AND they always have free shipping!) by using the code “HEALTHIERTOGETHER” at kyotobotanicals.com.
This episode is sponsored by Seed, the makers of one of my all-time favorite supplements. Their Seed Daily Synbiotic is a game changer—it contains both pre- and probiotics, survives INTACT all the way into your gut, AND contains the most studied and powerful strains of probiotics out there. You can get 15% off of your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley, who make incredibly high quality supplements. If you’d like to check out their Turmeric Complex, Vitamin C, Neuroeffect, or any of Paleovalley’s other amazing products, head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.