I’m so excited to welcome Brigid Titgemeier to the podcast. Brigid is a registered dietitian who is Board-certified in integrative and functional nutrition. She was a founding dietitian at the Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Functional Medicine, co-created a graduate level integrative and functional nutrition course at Case Western Reserve University, where she teaches as an adjunct instructor, and has personally helped thousands of people—herself included, as you’ll hear in the episode—transform their health with food. On this episode, we talk about:
- why you’re so tired all the time + an exact plan to get your energy back
- 3 things you should do on a daily basis for blood sugar balance
- what functional medicine actually means and how to find a functional doctor
- the one step everyone should take before taking a food sensitivity test
- why low carb diets can actually be harmful for metabolic health
- the one food every single person should remove from their diet
- what mitochondria are + exactly how to support mitochondrial health
- the shocking, most effective way to change the microbiome composition (but don’t try it at home)
- the 3 best foods to eat for microbiome health
- an exact food & lifestyle plan for fighting inflammation
- the #1 food group you should prioritize if you have a hormone imbalance
- the #1 thing you should do for low libido
- what to eat + the best workout for every phase in your cycle
- why you always wake up hungry at night + what to do about it
- how much protein we REALLY need + protein powder recommendations
- how to lose weight in a healthy way
- the science behind how calories work in your body + how much they actually matter
- and so much more
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody and Brigid @beingbrigid on Instagram.
To enter the giveaway to receive a 45 minute 1:1 session with Brigid or get a free copy of her blood sugar recipe bundle, comment on my most recent post mentioning something you loved or learned from the episode, and follow me @lizmoody and Brigid @beingbrigid on Instagram. Click here to sign up for Brigid’s FREE Blood Sugar Reset program that goes from November 7th—16th!
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This is the post to enter the Vitamix giveaway. You can also text or email a friend a link to an episode and why you think they’d like it, then screenshot and send to: [email protected].
This episode is sponsored by Cymbiotika. Get 15% off using code LIZ at cymbiotika.com.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Pique. Get 5% off plus a free blooming teas pouch complete with premium Pique samples when you purchase 2 or more cartons from piquetea.com/LIZMOODY and use code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Ava Jane’s Kitchen Colima Sea Salt. Go to HealthierTogetherSalt.com to get your first bag of Colima Sea Salt for free.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.