We’re taking a bit of a left turn today with an episode I am personally VERY excited about, which is all about How To Look Cute. Basically, this year, I realized how little my clothes reflected or conveyed who I am as a person, and it became my personal mission to figure out this whole style thing, which is how I discovered today’s amazing guest, stylist extraordinaire Charly Goss.
On this episode, we talk about:
- her personal story, including how having tongue cancer twice impacted her life
- why fashion matters for so much more than just how you look
- one piece that every person should have in their closet to make any outfit instantly more stylish
- one thing people inadvertently do that makes them less stylish
- how to find shoes that are fashion forward but comfortable enough to walk in
- what clothing has the highest comfort to style ratio
- her surprising thoughts on how to dress for certain body types (what short people should wear, what pear shaped people should wear, etc)
- a genius tip to know what trends are going stick around and are worth investing in and which are more fleeting
- which fashion rules we should follow and which we shouldn’t listen to
- the one theory that will make anyone instantly stylish (both in your clothing and home decor!!)
- her shocking take on what “basics” you should spend money on
- her specific favorite stores for shoes, bags, trendy items, jeans, and more
- the ACTUAL difference between pricey jeans and more affordable ones
- the 5 items everyone should have in their closet
I’m actually so excited to hear your thoughts on this episode—I’ve been absolutely loving our Instagram conversations about style and trends—so please screenshot as you’re listening and share any thoughts, feelings, and reaction on Instagram—I’m @lizmoody and Charly is @charlygoss. If you love the episode, I’d also just SO appreciate you spreading the word, whether it’s on social or to a bestie in real life.
If you’d like to check out the transcript for this episode, head over to lizmoody.com/charly-goss-transcript.
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by Seed, the makers of one of my all-time favorite supplements. Their Seed Daily Synbiotic is a game changer—it contains both pre- and probiotics, survives INTACT all the way into your gut, AND contains the most studied and powerful strains of probiotics out there. You can get 15% off of your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley, who make incredibly high quality supplements. If you’d like to check out their Turmeric Complex, Vitamin C, Neuroeffect, or any of Paleovalley’s other amazing products, head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
This episode is sponsored by GoMacro, and you MUST try their Oatmeal Chocolate Chip bars. You can get a whopping 30% off your order of $50 or more PLUS free shipping by going to gomacro.com and using the code healthiertogether.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.