A conversation with child-free adults, including their personal decisions to not have kids, how it has impacted their lives and relationships, and their tips for navigating society as a child-free person.
- the historical context for how we view mothers
- how they all knew they didn’t want kids
- tips for discussing being childfree with a partner
- what parents in their lives told them (confidentially) that influenced their decision
- how to deal with the grief of lives unlived, whether you have kids or are childfree
- how to handle the opinions (and disappointment!) of parents, friends, & others
- how being childfree impacts friendships
- how to find purpose in life outside of procreation
- what the motherhood spectrum is & how to know where you fall on it
- the best and worst parts of being childfree by choice
- and so much more!
For more from Ruby, head to her website rubywarrington.com, follow her on social media at @rubywarrington, and grab her book Women Without Kids: The Revolutionary Rise of an Unsung Sisterhood.
For more from Vanessa and Xander, head to their website vmtherapy.com, follow them on social media at @vanessaandxander, and grab their book Sex Talks: The Five Conversations That Will Transform Your Love Life.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
Ready to uplevel every part of your life? Pre-order my new book 100 Ways to Change Your Life: The Science of Leveling Up Health, Happiness, Relationships & Success now!
This episode is sponsored by:
Seed: go to seed.com/lizmoody and use code LIZMOODY for 25% off your first month.
AG1: visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Paleovalley: go to paleovalley.com/lizmoody for 15% off your order.
Cozy Earth: visit cozyearth.com and use code HEALTHIER35 for up to 35% sitewide.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.