I’m so excited to welcome Courtnie from @courtandnate to the pod to talk all about van life!
I discovered Court and Nate’s page on TikTok during quarantine and became completely fascinated with the idea of living in a van, traveling between all of these beautiful places. And while this episode will answer all of your voyeuristic questions about van life, like how they deal with pooping and how much it costs and if it’s actually as aesthetic as it looks on social media, it ended up really being about the ideas behind van life. Namely: simplifying things. Scaling back, paring down. Living with intention. Not working a ton of hours just to get a promotion to get more money you don’t have time to spend. Not filling a house with things that stop bringing you joy after having them for a few weeks. Thinking about what life you REALLY want, and what makes you ACTUALLY happy.
On this episode, we talk about:
- why they decided to do van life and how they got started
- her advice to anyone who wants to make a life change or take a big risk
- what a normal work day looks like while living in a van
- relationship lessons from living in a van
- how to separate your worth from what society deems fiscally valuable
- exactly how to simplify your life (and become way happier in the process!)
- the surprising benefits of NOT striving for wealth or professional success
- all the dirty deets of peeing and pooping in a van
- the most beautiful places she’s been in her van life
- the best and worst parts of van life
- the one diet that completely changed her relationship with food and helped her heal her disordered eating
- her healthy morning and evening routines
- how to be who YOU are, outside of other people and society’s expectations
I’ve been thinking about a lot of what we discussed in this episode for weeks, and I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts, so definitely tag me on social media—I’m @lizmoody, and Courtnie is @courtandnate.
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley, who make incredibly high quality supplements. If you’d like to check out their Turmeric Complex, Vitamin C, Neuroeffect, or any of Paleovalley’s other amazing products, head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
This episode is sponsored by Seed, the makers of one of my all-time favorite supplements. Their Seed Daily Synbiotic is a game changer—it contains both pre- and probiotics, survives INTACT all the way into your gut, AND contains the most studied and powerful strains of probiotics out there. You can get 15% off of your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Garden of Life, the only collagen I’ve trusted for years. To try it for yourself and let them know you found them through me, use this link to check it out (it won’t cost you anything extra): https://amzn.to/3hkzfnF
This episode is sponsored by GoMacro, and you MUST try their Oatmeal Chocolate Chip bars. You can get a whopping 30% off your order of $50 or more PLUS free shipping by going to gomacro.com and using the code healthiertogether.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.