My guest today is the amazing Dr. Megan Rossi, a registered dietitian and nutritionist, with a PhD in gut health and a research fellowship at King’s College London. She’s the author of the internationally best-selling book Love Your Gut and the founder of the wildly popular website theguthealthdoctor.com and the @theguthealthdoctor Instagram page. On this episode, we talk about:
- The number one way to support your microbiome, even during times of more indulgence
- What actually causes bloating—and exactly how to fix it
- A genius tip for getting rid of travel-induced constipation, even when nothing else works
- What a gut-health expert actually eats on a plane
- The best general constipation cures
- How to change your microbiome to eliminate sugar cravings
- How to prevent a hangover, and easy solutions if you end up with one anyway
- How to instantly feel better after an overly indulgent meal
- What the research says about colonics, food combining, digestive enzymes, and more
- One gut health thing a lot of people THINK is helpful or works but it really doesn’t
- One gut health thing we should all be doing but probably aren’t
We would both LOVE to hear your feedback and reactions to this episode, so screenshot and share your thoughts on Instagram—I’m @lizmoody and she’s @theguthealthdoctor. And please share this episode with friends, family members, partners—there’s SO much good, science backed information in here and a lot of it unfortunately directly contradicts some of the less researched things I see floating around on social media, so help us spread the word!!
PS: My very first product is live!!! Go to htdeck.com to snag your Healthier Together Deck, which has 150 conversation starters in 6 categories! It’s the perfect holiday gift for friends, family members, romantic partners, co-workers…or, of course, yourself. Find out more at htdeck.com—this is a self-funded limited run and these will sell out!!
PS: My Patreon is live! You can join Green Smoothie Society and get access to ALL of my green smoothie recipes and advice! Get all the deets at patreon.com/lizmoody.
This episode is sponsored by Pique Tea. I LOVE their Ginger Digestion Elixir, the Mint Herbal and the Hibiscus Beauty Elixir. I’m also OBSESSED with their Daily Radiance Liposomal Vitamin C and their matcha is one of the best around. Pique is currently offering an exclusive bundle which includes their Sun Goddess Matcha, Pique Glass Beaker, and two limited time offer bonus gifts: a handheld frother and detox book worth $45, for FREE. You can also get an additional 5% off on the bundle OR anything else on piquetea.com/lizmoody using my code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens, one of my favorite supplements. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Seed, the makers of one of my all-time favorite supplements. Their Seed Daily Synbiotic is a game changer—it contains both pre- and probiotics, survives INTACT all the way into your gut, AND contains the most studied and powerful strains of probiotics out there. You can get 15% off of your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley, who make incredibly high quality supplements. If you’d like to check out their Turmeric Complex, Vitamin C, Neuroeffect, or any of Paleovalley’s other amazing products, head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.