Today’s episode is the second in our new sober curious series. This week we brought on Yale-trained, board-certified family physician Dr. Aviva Romm to talk about the impact of alcohol on our hormones and neurophysiology researcher and director of Neuro Athletics, Louisa Nicola to speak to the impact on the brain.
On this episode, we talk about:
- how alcohol impacts your hormones, including irregular periods & fertility
- the shocking link between alcohol and breast cancer in women
- what people with PCOS & endometriosis need to know about drinking alcohol
- alcohol’s effect on your circadian rhythm & cortisol levels
- exactly why and how alcohol impacts mental health, including dopamine, serotonin, and more
- why alcohol feels energizing even though it’s a sedative (plus, how to get that effect without drinking)
- a lifestyle habit that can literally reverse negative impacts of alcohol
- the best type of workout for repairing brain health
- what you can do to support your brain before or after a night out
- a neuroscience-backed way to feel calm without reaching for a drink
- and so much more!
We would LOVE to hear from you any thoughts, reactions, or takeaways you have as you’re listening, so definitely screenshot and tag me @lizmoody, Dr. Romm @dr.avivaromm, and Louisa @louisanicola_ on Instagram.
Check out my previous episodes with Dr. Romm—Ask The Doctor: Hormone Edition—Everything You Need To Know About Balancing Hormones Naturally and Hormone Q&A—Solutions for Belly Fat, Acne, Hair Loss, Migraines, PMS, Insomnia, Low Energy, and More.
To join the Healthier Together Podcast Club Facebook group, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/healthiertogetherpodcast.
This episode is sponsored by Seed. You can get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com/daily-synbiotic and using the code LIZMOODY.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley. Head over to paleovalley.com and use the code LIZM for 15% off.
This episode is sponsored by Cymbiotika. Get 15% off using code LIZ at cymbiotika.com.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.