I know you all love our Ask the Doctor episodes—we’ve got ones on longevity, happiness, anxiety, gut health, and more—so this is sort of in that vein, but a bit different.
I’ve invited back Dr. Aviva Romm, who was on the Ask the Doctor: Hormone Edition, to do a hormone Q&A. Aviva is my absolute favorite resource for hormone expertise—she’s a Yale-trained MD AND a midwife and herbalist, plus she’s the best-selling author of many books, including her most recent, Hormone Intelligence, which we discuss in this episode.
For the Ask the Doctor episode, we covered a larger overview of hormones, so for this Q&A, I decided to go SUPER pragmatic and actionable, and basically used it as an opportunity to have her solve all of your hormonally-based problems. We talk about:
- Why being hormonal is actually your superpower
- The hormonal causes of and solutions for belly fat, insomnia, hair loss, low energy, acne, migraines, PMS, and more
- Her thoughts on the best way to “detox” your body
- How snacking impacts our hormone health
- What causes PCOS, how to know if you have it, and how she approaches treating it
- What causes endometriosis, how to know if you have it, and how she approaches treating it
- How our guts impact our hormones, our hormones impact our guts—and how to balance both
- Her easy formula for optimal hormone health
We’d both love to hear from you as you’re listening, so screenshot and tag me—I’m @lizmoody—and @dr.avivaromm and tell us what you’re learning or thinking about. And if you want more hormone info, don’t forget to check out the Ask the Doctor: Hormone edition, which will give you even more background and information on your hormones .
PS: Have you snagged my Foodie preset pack? You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
PPS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
This episode is sponsored by Organifi, the makers of my favorite caffeine-free energy drink, Red Juice. You can go to www.organifi.com/healthiertogether and use the code “healthiertogether” for 20% off your order.
This episode is sponsored by Seed, the makers of one of my all-time favorite supplements. Their Seed Daily Synbiotic is a game changer—it contains both pre- and probiotics, survives INTACT all the way into your gut, AND contains the most studied and powerful strains of probiotics out there. You can get 15% off of your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by going to seed.com and using the code LIZMOODY.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.