My guest today is Vanessa Van Edwards, the best-selling author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding With People, translated into 16 languages, and the author of the brand new book, Cues: Master The Secret Language of Charismatic Communication. Her YouTube tutorials and Tedx Talk have been viewed by over 50 million people, and she teaches her science-backed people skills to audiences around the world including SxSW and MIT and at companies like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and more.
- The benefits of being more charismatic
- The difference between confidence and charisma
- How much of charisma you’re born with and how much you can cultivate
- If introverts can be as charismatic as extroverts
- How much being physically attractive matters in being charismatic
- If there’s a difference in what we perceive as charismatic in men and women
- 2 science-backed tricks to nail your next job interview
- How to dial up your charisma to network better
- A cold email secret that will make you WAY more likely to receive a response
- How to be the person everyone loves at a party
- The best conversation starters, according to science
- The cues you can look for that show if people like you
- The most off-putting thing people commonly do in their day to day lives
- How to make your long term partners or co-workers like you even more
We’d both love to hear anything that resonates, or anything that you try, so screenshot and tag us on Instagram – I’m @lizmoody and she’s @vvanedwards.
This episode is sponsored by Wild Blueberries. To find wild blueberries in your local grocer, just look for the packaging in the freezer section that says “wild” on it. If you want recipe inspo or more info, go to wildblueberries.com.
This episode is sponsored by my very first self-funded product, the Healthier Together deck. To find out more about how to have the best conversations of your life, visit htdeck.com.
This episode is sponsored by AG1 by Athletic Greens. Visit athleticgreens.com/healthiertogether and get your FREE year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs today.
Healthier Together cover art by Zack. Healthier Together music by Alex Ruimy.